Jon Stevens is recognised as one of the most talented rock musicians to emerge from Australia in recent memory. He has had phenomenal success as a solo artist, knocking Michael Jackson off the top of the charts in Australia, and as the lead singer of major rock acts Noiseworks, INXS after the death of his friend Michael Hutchence, and The Dead Daisies. In 2016 he joined forces with legendary musician, songwriter and producer Dave Stewart (of Eurythmics) to record a new album, Starlight.
With his mojo fully intact, Stevens stands virtually alone in the music scene, with a raw vocal power that won him attention first as a teenager and now as a veteran singer and songwriter. Time has toughened his delivery while tapping into his emotional wellspring more than ever before.
He's got the pedigree: a record-smashing debut at age 16 with two consecutive no. 1 singles in his New Zealand homeland… huge hits in Australia as lead singer with Noiseworks… a 21st century lift-off to worldwide acclaim at centre stage with INXS… an iTunes feature release with his last band, The Dead Daisies, with debut single Lock and Load, which he wrote and produced with the legendary Slash on guitar.
Jon Steven's new album Starlight bursts with a soulful artistry and honesty that's rare and borders on extinction today. The title track has an unforgettable hook and is an instant classic. Vivid lyrics fuel his performance on Feel Like Letting Go, Scars and Devil in My Heart. A playful flirtation is set to a steamy soul beat on Something 'Bout You. The first single Hold On is classic powerhouse Jon Stevens.
The lonely ballad One Way Street features Ringo Starr on drums. People is a life-affirming sing-along anthem, extending hope to the hopeless with a reminder to not 'be afraid of the shadows in the night, you're gonna wake up in the morning light.'
Different as they are, each track on Starlight overflows with feeling, with candour, with an exuberance that comes from being plunged into life. Everything Steven's has survived, learned from, mastered and made leads to this album…
- Jon Stevens released his debut studio album Jezebel where it peaked at number 7 on the New Zealand charts.
- Became the lead singer of Noiseworks in 1986 where the band had three top ten singles.
- In 1992, Stevens played the role of Judas in the Australian production of Jesus Christ Superstar. A cast recording album was released and peaked at number 1 and was the highest selling album in Australia in 1992.
- 1993, he released his third solo album ‘Are U Satisfied’, which peaked at number 27 on the ARIA charts.
- 1994, co-recorded ‘Don’t Knock My Love” with Kate Ceberano and released ‘Last One Standing For You’ with Black Sorrows and a cover of ‘I Wish it Would Rain’ with all proceeds from the song benefitting drought-stricken farmers.
- In 1996, Foxtel used Jon Steven’s cover song ‘Two Tribes’ as their theme song for the Super League series.
- In 2000 to 2003, Jon Stevens fronted INXS.
- 2004, he released his fifth studio album ‘Ain’t No Life For The Faint Hearted’.
- 2008 announced and toured with Ian Moss, Jack Jones and Tania Doko.
- 2011, released hit single ‘Just a Man’ and his seventh solo studio album.
- In 2012, Jon Stevens formed the band The Dead Daisies and released their debut album in 2013.
- 2015, Jon Stevens released his ninth studio album titled ‘Woman’ where it peaked at number 86 on the Australian ARIA chart.
- Jon Stevens teamed up with Dave Stewart from Eurythmics in 2017 and wrote and recorded a new album called Starlight.
- In 2018, Jon Stevens released hot single ‘Rain Down On Me’ with all proceeds going towards drought effected farmers.
We cannot wait to have you, and your family at Day on the Plain 4 May, 2019.